Wedding Invitation FAQ
- When should I mail my wedding invitations? Wedding Invitations should be mailed 6 – 8 weeks prior to the wedding.
- Do I need an inner and an outer envelope? No. The use of two envelopes is an out dated tradition which is out of step with environmentally conscious wedding planning.
- How far in advance should I place my wedding invitation order? When ordering custom designed wedding invitations, plan to place your order 4 – 6 months prior to the wedding to allow plenty of time for design, production and delivery. But as with everything else in life, the unexpected occurs and we are always happy to try and accomodate rush orders.
- We are a gay couple. Is your company gay friendly? Yes! We are happy to design invitations for any couple. Visit www.theclassicinvitation.com .
- What type of wording should I use for my wedding invitation? Although the wording on your invitation is ultimately a personal choice there are a few guide lines depending on the type of wedding that you are having. For examples visit www.theclassicinvitation.com/samplewording.aspx .
- How do I choose the date for my reply/rsvp cards? First check with your caterer to find out what date they require the final head count by. You will want to allow time to make phone calls to guests who failed to return their reply card. So you will want to choose a date that is approximately 2 – 3 weeks prior to the wedding.
- I am having an adult only reception. How do I let my guests know that children are not invited to the reception? On the bottom of the invitation you can simply say “Adult only reception immediately following the ceremony”. If you are planning to not invite children to the entire wedding address the invitations only to the adults. You can also add wording on the invitation and reply card.
- How do I properly address the envelopes for my wedding invitations? To learn about Envelope Etiquette visit www.theclassicinvitation.com/etiquette.aspx .
- Can I add a personal photograph to my wedding invitation? Of course! We are happy to design an invitation that incorporates your photo. We can also add photos to save-the-date cards, engagement announcements, wedding programs and more!
- How many invitations should I order? You should plan to order more that you think you need. We recommend at least 15 – 25 extra wedding invitation sets. This will allow for late additions, b-list invites, lost invitations, invitations that are accidently damaged while preparing to mail them, et cetera.
By: Sheila Elizabeth www.theclassicinvitation.com